Common mods?

ktapper

Common mods?

Post by ktapper » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Do you want to list out the common mods to base Promega? (Not the high-end stuff that some of you do)

Such as:

Optical End Stop
Metrol Probe
New filament Tube alternatives
Idler Upgrade

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega, Crane

Re: Common mods?

Post by Shep » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 pm

[Moved to Midding / ProMega Mods - Shep]

Yeah I keep thinking about how to work a thread like that, it would almost need to be a compilation. In the Trobuleshooting section (which I just renamed as I must have left the word "troubleshooting" out of that section entirely! My bad!) there's a sticky called "Common Problems and Solutions", I would think a similar sticky would be useful in the mods channel too, though just thinking about it it's hard to definitively label something "common". The idler upgrade I wouldn't call common, only 2-3 people to my knowledge have done it for example, but others may feel differently -- it's very subjective. And it may have others feeling left out as if their mod isn't good enough to be included.

I'll need to think about this one for a few days and figure out the logistics of it, I'll run it by Kenny as well and chat with him on it.

ktapper

Post by ktapper » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Technically, I would just do a Mod section with pin topics on what the mod is for. You can add everyone's mod without hurting feelings. Just need to make the sections broken up enough to make it easily searched example:

Pined topic = Bed Leveling and location
Sub Section = Alternative End Stops
Option = Optical End Stop
Sub Section = Bed level
Option = etc

Pin Topic = Extruder Changes
Sub Section = Alternative Extruder mods
Option = etc.

jwmueller

Post by jwmueller » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Here is a Maestro Case mod for better cooling, uses two 40mm fans. Pick either 24V or 5V based on your planned setup.

File 1 Case Top

File 2 Case

Step Files above, STL Below.

File 1 STL Case Top

File 2 STL Case Bottom