[Collection] Fan Shroud Designs

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega, Crane

[Collection] Fan Shroud Designs

Post by Shep » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Just a collection of fan shrouds in hyperlink form. Of course, the baseline tends to be the OEM design, so they will be listed first of course. I will try to note differences I spot as well as pros/cons where applicable. This is NOT a comprehensive list by any means -- if you find any, please feel free to reply with more! Always open for more designs!

EDIT:
As ktapper points out in first reply below, many of the guys that made these are open to adjustments (M3D is not, I have asked), so if you see one that is *almost* what you want, but not quite for one reason or another, it is usually best to ask first to see if the original designer can change it for you, than learn a bunch of new software just to change it ;)

M3D
OEM design
Click for detailsShow
Stock design. Points mostly down to provide a mostly generalized airflow, rather than to be used as a parts fan. Several iterations exist.

Pros / Cons
- None, this is the baseline the remainder are compared against. (But if I didn't include the header, I might get questions as to why this section is incomplete, so I had to put something here right?)

bass4aj
Promega motor cooler duct
Click for detailsShow
Deprecated? Appears to be for an older OEM variant, since incorporated into newer designs, not sure

Pros
- More airflow onto motors, keeps them colder

Cons
- Requires magnets, might not be readily available in every locale

eburgess4
Promega Nozzle Fan Guide
Click for detailsShow
Variant of OEM design, takes ducting output and alters path to flow directly onto nozzles

Pros
- Retains same parts as OEM design/setup
- Direction of airflow is vastly improved
- Output opening is narrowed to further aid in direction
- Holes provided for Noctuna anti-vibration mount

Cons
- Might be difficult to use with both fan grille and anti-vibration mount. Your mileage may vary.

ktapper
M3D Promega Fan Shroud (multiple styles)
Click for detailsShow
Variant of OEM design, altered for either Noctuna front fan, 40mm side fans, or both.

Pros
- Puts more powerful fans in place of the stock setup, greatly improving air movement
- Holes provided for Noctuna anti-vibration mount (or stock anti-vibration mount)

Cons
- Decent loss in Y axis for 40mm side fan versions may be a hesitation for some
- Might be difficult to use with both fan grille and anti-vibration mount. Your mileage may vary.

ktapper

Re: [Collection] Fan Shroud Designs

Post by ktapper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:22 pm

If some has request for alterations on mine let me know..I gladly model it up and add it to the list