Anything else this forum could use?

For discussions not relating to M3D (general 3D printing chit-chat still goes here)
Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega

Anything else this forum could use?

Post by Shep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:16 pm

This forum exists for you guys. Not much sense in making it perfect for me if nobody else is going to use it right? So, open call, brainstorming here -- while we may not take you guys up on an idea (such as a link you can click that DDOS's my personal cell phone -- let's not do that for a variety of reasons), we are listening for sure.

I've done some of the usual stuff, added some neat BBCode like inline code blocks or strikethrough, the usual spoilers and progress bars and even warnings for dangerous printer mods like so:

!
This mod involves high temperatures and tight spaces, be very careful as burn risks are involved, please take precautions to avoid injury as much as possible!!!

If you do hurt yourself, don't say I didn't warn you!!!
Nothing to spoil hereShow
Except year-old fruit.

Seriously, that stuff can be nasty and spoils easily...
50%
Colored:
10%

Even attachments have lightbox.js, which means that for desktop viewing, you can seamlessly scroll through every image in a thread -- perfect for build logs! Even in slideshow or full screen mode, and it works both on in-line and attached images. Now obviously the smiley pack is lacking. I'm still looking for one in particular, I think it's wide use in other forums gives us a bigger selection to choose from compared to the defaults, so there's one thing.

I'm stickying this because this will be a perpetual thing, however I need to figure out a better solution to the "Forum Announcements" section rather than locking it down entirely. It should be postable, just only by admins. Any and all ideas welcome -- as long as it's understood we may not take you up on every single one (especially if there's not already an easy way to do it!!! ;) )

Gand3

Re: Anything else this forum could use?

Post by Gand3 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Can we add a profile section - Both Crane and Promega (since they are community supported) I know John owes us an Slic3r / There is a Cura out there somewhere / Plenty of S3D it looks like, but finding them all in one place....

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega

Re: Anything else this forum could use?

Post by Shep » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:37 am

Done:

viewforum.php?f=27

Meant for both sharing profiles and troubleshooting them also. Worst case if it gets too crowded and the lines become fuzzy as to what's troubleshooting and what's sharing, I can migrate all of that to a new category called "Slicers" and break it down by slicer. In fact I may do that exact thing later on in the week... (don't hesitate to add stuff! I'll only change around topic titles if need be).

Thanks for the suggestion! Keep 'em coming guys :D