Item not staying on Print bed

Cirstyk

Item not staying on Print bed

Post by Cirstyk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:14 am

Hi my print item won’t stay stuck to my print bed I have tried reducing the bed heat, increasing it and nothing is working I am using PLA

TheBum

Re: Item not staying on Print bed

Post by TheBum » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:50 am

Try using some Aquanet hair spray or Elmer's Glue Stick. I use glue stick for all my prints, whether it be PLA or PETG.

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega, Crane

Post by Shep » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:53 pm

I normally use 60 C bed heat, 210 C extrusion, just to give an idea of what to expect. You may need to change this if you use glass, but it's rare to see Pro users with glass beds (I've never seen any to put it that way, but won't go so far as to say they don't exist).

Glue stick is what I used for years on the Micro (stock bed is nearly identical material), even when I ran an aftermarket heated bed it worked too. This was before the Micro+ which included heated beds from the factory btw. Never had a problem with it. Usually purple is recommended, you smear it on and when it changes color it's good to print. If you get too much on your bed, a damp paper towel is enough to remove it, or removing the bed and washing it in the sink (though removing the Pro bed was finicky for me, I tended to leave it on all the time if I could help it). Always make sure your glue stick is fresh, don't use old stuff.

It can depend on bed surface too however, feel free to experiment with that. I've had pretty good success with blue tape, same painter's tape you can buy in the hardware store, though I get mine from Marc's (3M -- don't get the generic one Marc's carries as it's crap for 3D printing).

If you use PEI, NEVER print bare PETG (like M3D ABS-R, which is PETG) without an "in between" like Aquanet or gluestick. Those two are KNOWN to "weld" together and become inseparable. I found this out the hard way and didn't know before I wound up having to dig chunks out of a brand new PEI bed, only wishing someone had warned me ahead of time!

Hope this helps! And apologize for the late response, but better late then never I hope! ;)

cwleveck

Post by cwleveck » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 pm

I use 3m number 80 spray glue. Works great. I've not had a single lift of any kind since i started using it....

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega, Crane

Post by Shep » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:15 pm

You've taught this old pony new tricks, I'm gonna try that one!!!