totally new and lost!!Promega

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega, Crane

Re: totally new and lost!!Promega

Post by Shep » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Pronterface isn't what you use to control a Duet, it's your web browser. Whatever you got that said what the printer's IP address was, copy that IP address and paste it into your browser. Since you're on a Mac, probably Safari, though Firefox and Chrome should work too if available (or Opera, whatever you use really -- iPhone/Android same thing if you're on the same WiFi network). That should bring up the Duet Web Control interface. It works a lot like OctoPrint, but looks way different.

Good analogy: Marlin or Sprinter/RepRap etc. do what you tell it to and when you tell it to. The Duet Maestro on the ProMega tell you what's on it's mind and you can still tell it to do stuff, but it's more of a control panel than Sprinter or Marlin are. It's heavily equatable to OctoPrint.

I mean, you can control through pronterface sure, but if you already got the IP address shown I would use that. The promega/ thing, I've seen that work for about 2% of people on Discord, it's really not common. I can't get it to work myself but IP address works every time.

patktm

Post by patktm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 am

I do put that ip in my browser and it says safari cannot connect

patktm

Post by patktm » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:18 am

Where do I put my password for my wireless router?? I can't get to the duet browser.

sohjsolwin

Post by sohjsolwin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:12 pm

The Promega does not have wifi built in. You would need to connect it directly with an ethernet cable, or connect it to a wireless bridge. I recommend using the cable and going straight to your router. Connecting straight to a computer through ethernet cable is possible too, but requires a little bit more computer networking knowledge than just plugging it into the router.

patktm

Post by patktm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Thank you for your help I erased and reloaded the duet firmware and reinstalled all the disk files and I am happy I can finally print!! This type of printer is not what I have used and I think something was not right when I started trying to connect and to the network because I was thinking it was wireless!! so I started messing in areas I shouldn't have. not lost any more!!