Promega troubleshooting

chrishuns

Promega troubleshooting

Post by chrishuns » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm trying to diagnose what is wrong with my Promega printer. Can anyone give me some guidance? I keep getting a Heightmap.csv issue during calibration as of late. I've had several other issues but this keeps happening while, before and after I do my 3 Macro calibration operations. Also checking to see if this is a dead platform for support..

TheBum

Re: Promega troubleshooting

Post by TheBum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:46 pm

Have you tried using a different SD card, or doing a file system repair on the one you're currently using?

chrishuns

Post by chrishuns » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm

I replaced the MicroSD, as the original one was corrupted after a failed print attempt.

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega, Crane

Post by Shep » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:50 am

I keep trying to get people on board, but if your help is better with "just tried this thing that took three seconds, what next?" style, the Discord is just going to be better already. If not the M3D one than there is the community one also (the icon's a blue/red benchy)

https://discord.gg/NYnyT3x

The activity is pretty low on there until someone posts something. Then we all see it as an unread and go "wait what?"

That said!!

I'll at least say that given this is something I've seen a huge uptick in recently, here's some thoughts:

- That file is generated during Macro 3. If you haven't run Macro 3 on a particular MicroSD card yet, it is ignorable until you do so.

- MicroSD cards are nasty sometimes. Dash cam circles can go on and on for decades about 'em. And not in a good way. I have seen a whole bundle fail, sometimes it gets corrupted in only a small way, they are not always intuitive. That's why the dash cam manufacturers tell you to check your cards often. While not practical in all situations, it definitely beats having no memory card innl a car accident... not that a 3D printer would do that (but you get the gist, just because a brand is good doesn't mean it won't fail. USB thumb drives are the same). But I know Street Guardian has some software to test the FULL MicroSD card to see if it has any bad sectors, rather than just whatever files are currently there.

- Pull a fresh copy of the files from the GitHub for your extruder setup from https://github.com/PrintM3D/Promega

Compound is the dual mixing, K'Tana is dual split, Quad is four filament mixing. (Even though you probably know that, others down the road reading this may not). A fresh copy has been known to work wonders at times. And interestingly they just changed that eight hours ago too, so they got fresh changes.

- I don't recall the generally-agreed-upon "best" firmware, but that might be a consideration too.

Hope this helps!

nukelhead
Discord Handle: @nukelhead
Owned M3D Printers: ProMega

Post by nukelhead » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Mine complained about the heightmap.csv until I completed the 3rd stage - bed mesh. I assume the bed mesh process creates/updates that file.

TheBum

Post by TheBum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 pm

nukelhead wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Mine complained about the heightmap.csv until I completed the 3rd stage - bed mesh. I assume the bed mesh process creates/updates that file.
Correct. heightmap.csv contains the X-Y coordinates and Z offsets for all the probe points.