Release 2.03 Maestro and Macros

Qwelldrin666

Release 2.03 Maestro and Macros

Post by Qwelldrin666 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:53 am

Hi Guys I have a few questions.
1. The latest release of Duet3d Firmware is Release 2.03 and this seems to have a number of problems with the Macros using the Z probe and not the IR sensor. (Unfortunatly I cant use the IR Sensor due to the glass bed) However the new version will not allow me to use the Z probe sensor.
2. Will the Macros be updated for the new firmware?
3. Following the guide on nozzle removal on M3d Promega user guide I have destroyed both Dual Katana nozzles trying to remove these from the Wall-E section, noted unlike the user guide these actually have threads on the Wall-E end not sure if its threaded or not. (Destroyed the heater blocks trying to ease out the nozzles.) Could we get the guide updated if possible for the Dual Katana Wall-E.
4. What size are the grub screws in the Hotends?
5. Should I really need to calibrate the Z probe, and Z endstop height and mesh the bed every power off? Whats the point of saving the Bed mesh then?
(Bed is always slightly out on the next power on. Note not an emergency stop but Home and power off)?

Thanks.

Only planned moving the nozzle slightly on the right hand side as it was lower than the left.
Expensive lesson but ordered the new parts for replacement.

TheBum

Re: Release 2.03 Maestro and Macros

Post by TheBum » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:37 am

I can't answer all your questions, but I can a few:

3. Any time you are disassembling a part of the head where molten filament has been, you should heat up the nozzle to at least 150 to soften any filament that has seeped into the cracks.

4. If you're referring to the ones that require a 1.3mm hex driver, they're M2.5.

5. This is a known issue with the factory limit switch setup. Since I went to the optical Z end stop, I've had very consistent bed height.

Qwelldrin666

Post by Qwelldrin666 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi thanks for the replies.
Nzzles were heated to 200 removing the heat blocks were no problem, would like to know how I can remove the nozzle from the Wall-E without destroying the Nozzle from the guide it suggested just removing the grub screw and pull down, sadly the Dual Ktana seems to have a thread on the nozzle not sure if these are used or not.

Thanks, Need to get some new grub screws bounced and lost.

Dam the IR just dosent work consistently on Glass, will have to see if I can use a dark piece of paper to get the levels.
That just means I cant update for now so rolling the firmware back/

Thanks for the feedback.

TheBum

Post by TheBum » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm

I use a Metrol switch on my Z probe. It has an accuracy of +/- 5 microns. Ideally, what I want to do is implement a probe with a Metrol switch that will deploy automatically. It would be handy for bed leveling, but where it would really help is for single-probing on each print to set Z = 0. The Z end stop then becomes strictly a safety feature.

I have the probe designed and a prototype printed, but i need to do some other work on my Promega before I try it.