X-Y interconnect?

slanders

X-Y interconnect?

Post by slanders » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:16 pm

I just received my Promega last week and unpacked it and set it up as instructed. When I ran a test print it started off fine, but then seemed to go off into a different direction and I ended up with a bunch of goo from the printer. Since then I've tried to re-home the head and when X gets below 80 it starts to move the Y axis. It seems that it's all messed up now and I cannot get the head to go to home correctly. When it gets to X less than 80 the Y axis moves 1-to-1 with it. And the Y axis is all over the place. The Y axis motor spins one direction and the head is moving in the other, so it doesn't know where it is. Suggestions?

TheBum

Re: X-Y interconnect?

Post by TheBum » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Check the pulleys on the motors in the back corners of the printer to make sure one of them isn't slipping due to a loose set screw.

slanders

Post by slanders » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:23 pm

it doesn't appear to have any set screws installed. I thought that was a little particular. Are they supposed to be installed already or were they in the bag of screws for the window attachments? There isn't anything in the unpacking and installing instructions referencing set screws.

TheBum

Post by TheBum » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Set screws should have been installed. So, can you just pull the pulleys off the shafts?

If there are no set screws, submit a ticket on M3D's website.

slanders

Post by slanders » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 pm

at first it didn't appear to have any set screws, but there is one on each. The X-axis control set screw was loose enough to let it spin. it's tightened now and appears to be working better.

jendomin

X-Y aligment (Frame or belts)?

Post by jendomin » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:46 pm

i am having issues with the XY using the cube of 10mm on thingiverse.com there is not possible have the cube squared. two diagonal corners are a bit longer the the others. i create paid and RMA to M3D, its been 3 weeks of the order and i have not received yet and answer or instructions. could you help me either the XY issue or to get somebody to help me whit the (RMA $80 label paid shipping ). The printer was received in January and since them have been trying to print something right and a circle goes a like an oval, and square goes like a diamond .

TheBum

Post by TheBum » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:57 pm

With the power off, insert M3 screws into the spare holes in opposite sides of the frame at the same distance from the front so that they protrude far enough for the horizontal rail sliders to hit them. Slide the gantry by hand until at least one of the horizontal rail brackets hits a screw and see if the other side hits the opposite screw at the same time. If not, then you'll know the gantry is out of alignment. Tweak the X-Y motor positions so that the rail sliders both hit the screws at the same time and the tension on both belts is good and equal.