Out of box issues

VE7HR

Out of box issues

Post by VE7HR » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:35 am

Trying to follow the guides to get the first first print started.
Got the extruder loaded and trying to set the the Z height. I can’t get the nozzle to touch. Won’t go below -0.50. It just ignores the commands.
At a loss what to do.
And hints. Did I miss something?
Thanks
Dave

TheBum

Re: Out of box issues

Post by TheBum » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:47 pm

Have you verified you're running the latest SD card files? You can go to https://github.com/PrintM3D/Promega/tre ... 0Structure to get the latest files for the extruder you're using.

If you just want to use the existing files, go into the System editor in the Maestro Duet Web Control interface and edit the machine_axisdimension.g file. Increase the Z axis dimension by a mm or two and then reboot the Maestro.

VE7HR

Post by VE7HR » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Getting a little closer.
So the bed was no where close to level,
Got that sorted out and bed mapped.
But I am unable to get a complete print off it.
My test print is 2" cylinder 2" high.
Tried 3 different attempt.
First one was using Cura with I think defaults and used the mixing option on the compound print head
Top View first Print.jpg
Top view first print
First Print using mixing head.jpg
First Print
Second attempt using Cura setting from M3D documentation
Second print using left side only.jpg
Filament stopped coming out and clicking sound
Per Tech support I increased temperature 5 degrees and watched it print. As you can see it starts out nicely then starts to have problems about 10 mm from bottom, Console says temperature is on target. I even increased temperature another 5 degrees when it was having problems.
Stopped it as it was starting not to adhere
So we are having a huge problem here. I am guessing it has something to do with the heated bed is having an influence the first 10mm but after that things are not working. I am using MG chemicals PLA and started out at 205C the final portion was 215C. I have used same brand on my Overlord Pro without issue on parts 150mm tall. Some help is appreciated[attachment=0]Top View first Print.jpg
Attachments
Third Print.jpg
This is where I stopped

nukelhead
Discord Handle: @nukelhead
Owned M3D Printers: ProMega

Post by nukelhead » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 am

I had similar results right out of the box with my Promega Quad and Cura. None of the provided profiles worked very well. M3D support recommended Voxelizer because they have been working with them specifically. I just did a test with Voxelizer and was able to get a much higher quality print. The only problem I have there at the moment is that the only M3D printer in the list is the Crane Quad. It works, just with a reduced volume.