Z Probe and height issue

Qwelldrin666

Z Probe and height issue

Post by Qwelldrin666 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi All,
I have followed the Zprobe calibration and the Bed levelling guide along with the Z Probe offset guide.
I have lowered the head to just allow a piece of paper to be slightly grabbed by the Nozzles (Ktana)
I then recorded this as -6.55 and (second run -6.54) Entered the positive of this into the G31 P999 X-40 Y28.5 Z6.55
and in settings of "machine_zprobe.g" changed the last line G31 P999 X-52 Y30 Z6.55 ; Set Z probe (limit switch) trigger value, offset
Created a mesh which for the most part is Green and Blue a little Red.
Now when I set a G1 Z15 this looks perfect and if I drop down 5mm no problem but I cannot get it to go below 0.75 its as if a software end stop is preventing the nozzle going lower. There is plenty of room between nozzle and bed and the endstop microswitch is parked and not being triggered.
The height needs to be lower to the bed and even trying babystepping during a print it will not lower any further.
Sure I have missed something if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Attachments
Probe.JPG

TheBum

Re: Z Probe and height issue

Post by TheBum » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Are you using the latest SD card files for the Maestro? I haven't had any of these issues with the version I've been using for several months, but that doesn't necessarily mean the issue doesn't exist.

Anyway, you can unlock the Z axis limit with the "M564 S0" G-code command. That should allow you to position the nozzle all the way down to the bed.