Print Bed not level

Andy1205

Print Bed not level

Post by Andy1205 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:22 am

Hi

I have not found setting up the ProMega straight forward. For instance, the step by step instructions said attach the sides and then look at the SD card video which said do not attach them until you have done a successful print!

Anyway, I was making progress today and realised that the print head when using ‘G1 Z0’ was about 2cm away from the bed.

So I followed the instructions on how to set the Z offset and found it was 5.95mm out, so added that to the file as suggested, but then retried ‘G1 Z0’ and it went to the original position again.

I read a few other posts that said I had to edit the ‘Z endpoint’ file too, so changed the number in the from 375.5 to 381.45. I gingerly entered ‘G1 Z15’ then ‘G1 Z1’ and as it moved slowly up, it suddenly stopped and the bed dropped quite quickly to the bottom. Stupidly, I then tried to Home the Z level and the front of the bed dropped further, but the back did not. Now the back of the bed is noticeably higher than the front.

Please can you help with the following questions (and sorry there are a few):

1) How can I get the bed level again as obviously, the motors will not work independently as far as I am aware?
2) The instructions said that I needed to ‘activate’ the Z sensor by the print heads. This switch slides down with some magnetic lock at the top, but when down, the heads are a good cm away from the bed. Which position so the switch be in and what is its purpose?
3) When I finally get back to working out the offset I need to get the bed in the right position, how do I make the change permanent? Which commands do I need to use and / or which files do I need to edit??

Thank you for your help - I am so keen to get printing!

Andrew

Andy1205

Re: Print Bed not level

Post by Andy1205 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:45 am

Ok, please ignore this now - I found what I needed and it is all working ok. As an aside, it does seem that some of the M3d instructions are better than others :-)