New Member Introductions

For discussions not relating to M3D (general 3D printing chit-chat still goes here)
Gand3

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Gand3 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:31 am

Hi - You know me by Gand3, someone once told me it must be a take on Ghandi, but alas no I collect gargoyles and I have 3 boy's who happen to be 18/18/18 this year. I go by John but that too is not really my name.

I started in 3D printing about 3 years ago with an original FlashForge Creator Dual (the wood one). Long story short - I fried the heated bed, and shortly after the mighty board would not boot up (have a Duet ready to be installed). Went looking to see what would have a LARGE print bed as that was my biggest frustration with the the FF. Lo and Behold there is the Promega (little did I realize it was going to take a year to get it). But I have it now, it is currently printing my first try at a lithophane - and I have a second one (KTana) on the way (but the wife does not know yet). I hope to find my niche in the printing world enough to pay for these two printers, and have a little extra to have fun with.

I am hoping that we can turn this forum into the record of source for all things M3D (in particular the Promega), as discord just moves to fast to maintain topics of interest for those that follow.

Besides being a father to triplets I have a love for cars ('62 T-bird / '15 BMW 435i / '10 Jeep Wrangler [2.5 lift with 35's / winch and lights, more to come though] / '04 Chevy 2500 HD / '13 Subaru Outback / '06 Suzuki M50). As I approach retirement age - I am looking forward to traveling all over the world with my wife of 21 years (and sometimes without her).

unicyclebandit

Post by unicyclebandit » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

Hey all, I'm Ira, unicycle_bandit on discord,

I'm a 3d-printing newbie, jumping in head-first with a quad. I have a long software background as well as quite a bit of electronics, so non of that part frightens me, I'm just learning a ton of lingo and such. I have a lot to learn, and am excited to be a part of the community. I plan on giving back as much as possible, contributing to the github repos when possible, and helping other here and on discord.

The main thing I want to use the quad for is printing figs and terrain for D&D. I also have two kids who will undoubtedly want things printed, such as doll-house stuff, and adapters for train sets and hotwheels tracks.

Shep
Discord Handle: @Shep
Owned M3D Printers: Original Micro, Pro, ProMega, Crane

Post by Shep » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:41 pm

WHO the CRAP is this @jwmueller guy?!?! I'm calling shenanigans I know I've seen that name before. Just strolls on in... total John right? :lol:

Right John?

talryyn!!!!! You forgot to introduce yourself man c'mon! LOL this is what you get for not posting the Slic3r PE profile you mentioned last night :D

tirelessirony

Post by tirelessirony » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 am

Hi, my name is Sam. Like others, my first printer was an Original Micro around 2015. I have dabbled with a lot of technology, but drafting is the only professional experience I have with CAD or 3D design. After running into some issues with my Micro, I sat it on a shelf and moved onto other projects. Sometime in 2017 M3D offered to let me trade its value in on an M3D Promega, so here I am!

I picked up my Promega in August 2018 and have had a great deal of fun with it - I was even lucky enough to get some early prints in M3D's advertisements. My hope is to start producing easy-to-print residential housing models with the Promega. Now I've got a Crane quad on the way, so I look forward to continuing learning on M3D products and seeing what all I can produce. The M3D community has proven itself filled with helpful and kind people - I look forward to contributing and seeing what all we make!